Just a quick recap of some of the more popular posts on The Urban Orchard from the last year.
10. From December 2011, here is the sourcing post for my unlacquered brass faucet in our kitchen. It was one of the least expensive parts of the kitchen because it started out lacquered. It was too large to try to strip myself so I had it professionally done. If you don’t have a specialty plumbing store in your area, I have read that automotive body shops will do it for a fee. Here’s a video from Martha about how to remove lacquer from brass fixtures.
9. Furniture projects for design clients also kept me busy in 2012 but this table was one of the most popular. It was an important part of the client’s design plan and had dual functions.
8. The design for the bachelor’s apartment was a really fun project and the before and afters are in this post from the spring:
7. Another furniture project that went well was this little bench transformation-
6. Another part of the bachelor pad project was this dining table/desk area.
5. The onset of fall had me craving dark rich colors and these are my favorites.
4. This year had me thinking a lot about design principles and what exactly makes a room great.
3. Another post about design its impact on us led to some discussion.
2. We did some updates to our master bedroom this fall and it led to big changes.
1. The number one post this year had to be the before and afters of our kitchen remodel.
Thanks so much to all of my readers and all the best to you and yours in the coming year! Happy New Year!